Monday, February 13, 2012

Be Humbled By Kind Words

My mom sent me such a sweet Valentines Day card today. Her words (even though they were already printed on the card) were so humbling to me. 


"On special days like Valentines Day and on ordinary days too, please know that I see you
I see the path you've made that's all your own. 
I see the many unique talents and gifts you have to share.
I see your brilliance, your enthusiasm, and how deeply you care and sometimes hurt. 
I see your hard-earned wisdom, your soft pure innocence, your courage and compassion, 
your unconditional goodness. 
I see what a difference you make in this world...
...and I hope you know how very much I love you and how proud I'll always be to have a daughter as wonderful as you."


Ya know when you just have a really shitty go at things. When nothing seems to be going your way no matter how hard you feel like you've worked to get somewhere? I have found that just one person to see that you are trying, that you are giving your honest and best effort to better yourself, can make such a difference in those efforts. 
Its always more rewarding when somebody sees that. 


I appreciate and respect my mom because she loves me unconditionally. Never has, never will judge me, only guide me through the things I've done wrong. And I know she will always be the first to praise me when I've done right. 


Valentines isn't always about loving a significant other but just loving someone thats important to you. I LOVE YOU MOM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment