Sunday, January 29, 2012

Dont just settle for comfort.

A comfort zone is something that is really easy to lose yourself in. In some ways, a comfort zone can be an amazing thing to turn to. Not everyone has somewhere that they can just go and feel a sense of complete serenity. Where no amount of stress, anxiety, tears, or troubles can outweigh the calm that a comfort blanket can wrap you in: that's a comfort zone and mine just happens to be my family. 
I grew up with a great amount of support which I thank God every day for. I couldn't imagine being the person I am today without it. Having my family live 20 miles away from me has been one of the most rewarding things about going to college. But in some ways I think that I confide in that security too much and I have a hard time being me and doing the things that I want to do...not because they aren't allowing me, but because of where I'm at. 
With nobody to blame but myself, I am finding that the longer I spend in Greeley, the more I become unhappy with how my days are being spent. And it always resorts back to the one constant reminder of the reason I planted the roots of this chapter in my life here in the first place. 
If you aren't happy with the way things have been going, don't keep doing the same things you've been doing because you're going to get the results you've been getting. Which sparks an interest in wondering what things would be like if I looked for happiness somewhere else? God has a plan for us all and as much as I love having my family to come home to when I'm just having a bad day, I just cant help but wonder, is this really what God wants for my life? Or is my comfort zone holding me back from achieving the dreams that I want and living the life I'm supposed to live. 
I just wonder what I could do while I'm still young and not tied down to anything. Where I could go, who I could be. 
How many of you are settling with where you're at  just because you're comfortable when you know how much potential you have to offer? 
The result of that is the mediocrity in this world. 
Just something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment