Monday, January 16, 2012

Facebook Just Wasn't Cutting It For A Blog

I called and talked to my mom yesterday and upon our conversation we started talking about a small slump that I have found myself in lately. Bored, under motivated, grouchy. All of which resort back to my decision on ditching the party life style which in turn, most of my friends ditched me. So she encouraged me to find something to do with my time....something that I love. It brought me here: to writing.  


I write constantly.
When I'm not typing on my computer, I still have a constant flow of ideas running through my head. Some of which I like to consider "brilliant" (not always true). Thoughts I don't want to forget...so I write them down on scrap paper, note cards, post-it notes...and when I'm really desperate, the backside of a gum wrapper.
Social networking is a great way to document those thoughts but if I put every thought that runs through my head on Facebook, I would get told to take it to Twitter, which I have also tried. It just doesn't do my writing justice.....I have considered blogging more than once and for being in the prime of the 21st century I'm ashamed to say I haven't been able to figure out all the technical stuff that goes along with blogging.
I started messing around with it at 8:30 last night looked up and it was 12:30....needless to say this is as good as its gonna get.
I feel a little more comfortable putting my writing in a blog rather than Facebook anyways. Facebook seems like walking my posts into oncoming traffic. Its a busy place and it makes my posts more susceptible to negative remarks some of the snoody "friends" I have on there anyways. I'm self conscious about my writing and its really important to me. So this way, if you really care about it, you can go out of your way to read it on my blog. (Although some I may decide to post on there anyways. Depending on the kind of day I'm having)
I hope you enjoy and get something out of it. Cheers to more social networking addictions.
Much Love.

3 comments:

  1. Very well written, off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very proud of you Shay and very well stated. I'll be your number one blog fan but as you know I'm your number one fan anyway. Looking forward to more:)
    Your Auntie V

    ReplyDelete
  3. a blog is a great place to express yourself, in any way you feel necessary. i can honestly say that, at various points in my life, my blog is what helped me get through the challenges of those times. a blog is an on-going learning process....we've all been there and oh! the things you will learn as you go!!
    the blogging world is a wonderful place full of even more wonderful people (some, i have actually met, others i just call 'friends'!!)...read other bloggers and learn from them....so much out there, young warrior, soak it all up!!
    i have always loved your writing and i look forward to reading more!!
    i sincerely do <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete