Thursday, January 19, 2012

The quantity of friends doesn't matter if the quality of them isn't any good.

You establish friends early in life. For me, second grade. I was fortunate to meet my best friend in elementary school and since then, we've been inseparable. I've never looked nor needed another best friend...because what's the point in having a best friend when you have more than one? It's a funny thing really...no matter how far away or how intense the argument, it always seems to work out. Besides its dangerous to lose your best friend. They know too much about you.








You establish acquaintances later in life. High school, college, work. They're the ones who are there for the time being, but you never really know if you'll talk to them once you leave that place. Its kind of sad because whats the point in even building up a relationship unless you intend to keep it?


I have been having a hard time finding the true meaning of a friend lately. No, not because I'm picky but because I can not and will not put up with the bull shit any longer plain and simple. Most of my friends and/or acquaintances I would give the shirt off my back for. I love my friends to pieces and thats why I would do it. Not because I expect anything in return. One thing I don't expect in return though is to be screwed over time and time again. The benefit of the doubt is such an evil thing. You always wanna leave it up to someone to do the right thing after they've screwed up before. Bad idea. Usually when a friend hurts you the first time they're going to continue to do so. "Shame on me if you fool me once, Shame on me if you fool me twice."



Thats when you just decided to pull it together and realize who is making an effort to be in your life and who is doing just the opposite. I've realized that the older I have gotten the quantities of friends don't make a difference if the quality of them isn't any good. Surround yourself with the right people and the rest falls into place. I love my friends and those of you who have stuck by my side thank you :) you make each day a little brighter. 
Much Love. 



Shout out to my friend Paulina!! Thanks for reading my blogs :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment